Generating and obtaining an SSL certificate for use with your NetroMedia PPVJuly 8, 2014 0
Generating and obtaining an SSL certificate for use with your NetroMedia PPV
SSL certificates verify the identity of a site/organization and are required to transfer encrypted payment information for customers.
You can purchase an SSL certificate from providers like GoDaddy, DigitCert or NameCheap.
Once your SSL certificate is purchased, your provider will ask for a Certificate Signing Request (CSR): this is simply a chunk of encrypted text generated by our web server hosting your pay-per-view. You do not need the CSR prior to purchasing the certificate; however before we can generate the CSR for you we need you to verify the domain or sub-domain that you plan on using for your site, “ppv.mysite.com” for example.
Once you have decided on the domain or sub-domain you plan on using, please enter it into your support case along with the following information:
- Your organizations Country Code
- Your organizations State/Province
- Your organizations City/Locality
- Your organizations Name
- The Organizational Unit
- You can refer to the following GoDaddy article for further information on why we need this or for clarity.
- If you do not already have a support case please create a new one by clicking here, we will then generate and provide you with your CSR which you can then provide to your SSL provider. Your SSL provider will also ask you for the same information you have provided to us, this information should match that of your domain in order to ensure swift setup.
Once the CSR has been provided to your SSL provider they will manually authenticate the details provided, once they have authenticated that the information provided to us matches the information your provided to them you will likely recieve an email letting you know that the certificate is ready, once ready you can log into their system and download the certificate which you can then provide to us by attaching it to your PPV case – you can do this by clicking “Add an attachment” to your case.
Many of our clients use GoDaddy, if you used GoDaddy to obtain your certificate you can download it by using the following steps:
- Log in to your GoDaddy Account Manager.
- Click SSL Certificates.
- Next to the certificate you want to manage, click Launch.
- From the Filters list, click Certificates and then click the common name for the certificate you want to download.
- Click Download.
- From the Server type field, select the server on which you’re installing the certificate.
- Click Download Certificate, and then save the file to your computer.
- Click Close.
You can then provide us the SSL by attaching it to your support case by clicking on the “Add an attachment” button.