How to: Stream to Shoutcast using butt (Broadcast using this tool)
You can download butt for free here: http://sourceforge.net/projects/butt/
Setup is very simple
- Install butt after downloading using the above link
- Launch butt on your computer
- Select your audio device, this is likely line-in
- Under “Server” press “ADD”
Name: This can be set to anything, this is to distinguish between multiple streams
Address: This is provided to you in your NetroMedia case
Port: This is provided to you in your NetroMedia case
Password: This is provided to you in your NetroMedia case
- Stream info is optional, but you can press “Add” to add some meta data such as channel name.
- Press Save, then press the “Play” button to start the stream and stop to stop the stream. I would suggest pressing “Connect at startup” to auto connect/stream.