What is an SRT file
A ‘.srt file is a text file containing subtitles used by various video playback codecs or programs.
How to make an SRT file
SRT is the most basic of subtitle formats.
It consists of four parts:
1. A number indicating which subtitle it is in the sequence.
2. The time that the subtitle should appear on the screen, and then disappear.
3. The subtitle itself.
4. A blank line indicating the start of a new subtitle.
- Name the .srt file the same as the video file you are providing subtitles for
- Ensure the file is uploaded to the same directory as the video content
Please see the example attached to this FAQ (you must be logged in to download examples).