How to create content in QuickTime Pro for Mobile Delivery
You must use an uncompressed AVI file as a source.
- Open your AVI file in QT Pro.
- In the Menu go to Window > Show Movie Properties.
- Click the Presentation tab, and select "Automatically Play movie when opened".
- Close the Properties Window.
- In the Menu go to File > Save and save the file. (It will be saved as an MOV.)
- Once the file has been saved, go to File > Export.
- In the Export box, select "Movie to 3G".
- Click the "Options…" button.
- File Format Drop Down – select "3GPP".
- Under the File Format drop down, there is another drop down menu where you set your Video, Audio and Streaming options.
- Video format should be h264.
- Audio format should be AAC-LC.
- Set Frame size and bitrate.
- In the drop-down box, select "Streaming".
- Select "Enable Streaming".
- Close the Export Settings window.
- Name the file and save it. This will produce a 3GP file suitable for mobile streaming.